Sunday, December 26, 2010

Volume II [No.15]









It’s like, you can go to a real fancy restaurant and have a not-so-good time or you can take your meal out onto the gutter and have a ball, the aesthetics are not always the key to something that is amazing...

[On being banned from his house since he was 19]
...'I [had] chickens in the house' he says with a cheeky grin. 'I’m joking, I got caught smoking inside'
[there’s also the small matter of the greenhouse he built on the roof to "grow tomatoes"]. Six months later, Dad had a look and pulled down all my mull plants...he left them there on the deck just so I knew he’d seen them, but then I just hid them down the back and replanted them.'
 [On spending most of the year on the road, slowly making his way up to Byron Bay and the hippie haven of Nimbin in his old 1966 Valiant]
'I’ve just been nowhere really' as he rolls a cigarette out on the back deck. 'Just living on my lonesome and regathering my thoughts, experiencing things for the first time again. I’d just drive to a beach, surf and camp in the car'...

...It was a memory of being at Woodford a few years back. It was stinking hot, and we went down the river. I saw this lady up the river a little bit, and the sun was glowing on her and she was just... beautiful
[On the origin of Lady of the Sunshine]





-Angus Stone






WATCH

No comments:

Post a Comment